Work with us
Performance Finishing Solutions is a distributor of abrasives and manufacturer of amazing water based wood coatings. We specialize in amazing interior water based finishes for OEM customers and coatings distributors.
The paint world is moving from solvent based coatings to water based coatings. It’s safer. It’s the right thing to do. And oh yeah, Envirolak doesn’t kill baby seals if you spill it in the ocean and Envirolak doesn’t have harmful toxins that harm you when you apply them to wood or metal. And Envirolak doesn’t need explosion proof rooms when you mix it – water does not catch fire very easily. Trust us – we’ve tried.
At Envirolak, we are the leading Canadian Manufacturer of Water Based coatings and we are growing quickly. If you don’t see a current position that fits your skill set, work ethic or experience but you are ready to join a growing company – send us your resume and we will read it. We are looking for hard working team members that can tolerate having fun at the same time as working. Think you can help. Send us your resume. email@example.com
Job Description: Batch Maker
We are seeking a dynamic, fun individual to join our Envirolak water based coatings division as a day shift production worker. The ideal candidate will have strong basic math skills and good mechanical aptitude in order to operate mixers, scales and loading equipment required for the job. Previous experience as a batch maker or work in a chemical environment is an asset as well as the ability to use a forklift. If you don’t have experience as a batch maker, but you work hard and are willing to roll up your sleeves and learn how to manufacture paint…you’re welcome to give it a shot as well!!! Must love dogs.
Basic Job Functions (the hard stuff!):
- Follow standard operating procedures and health and safety guidelines.
- Weigh, dispense and mix raw materials in batch sizes up to 10000 litres following instructions on a batch ticket.
- Packaging of finished goods (pails, drums and totes).
- Cleaning of work area and equipment.
- Assisting other departments (shipping/receiving and the lab) as required.
Working Conditions (they’re great!):
- PPE Required: Gloves, Safety Glasses, Protective clothing (shop coat/Tyvek) and use of dust masks and respirators as required. (supplied)
- Manual Handling: Repetitive tasks (filling and skidding pails), use of machinery to manipulate heavy materials, use of dollies, forklifts, pallet jacks and your brain.
- Chemicals: Some exposure to chemical dusts and vapor inhalation hazards, you will be safe with all your PPE gear!
- Shiftwork: Currently only one shift, Mon-Fri, 8-5, shiftwork may be required in the future
Minimum Job Requirements (we don’t ask for much!):
- Good attitude and a willingness to contribute – we are a small company, so all of our employees need to get along and often have to fill in where needed. This will also provide an opportunity for growth, learning and advancement as the company grows. The reason why you are reading this!!!
- High school education or equivalent – a good understanding of basic math is required as well as the ability to follow written instructions and safety procedures. Easy enough for someone like you!
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to lift up to 25Kg (55lbs.) – despite having equipment designed to aid lifting and minimize manual handling, there are times where you will be required to manipulate pails of paint and raw materials by hand. That should be no problem for someone as strong as you!
- Basic computer skills – Email and general Word/Excel use is required
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccination – cause we are part of the solution!!!!
Additional Ideal Candidate Attributes (preferred but not required):
- Experience (1+ year) as a batch maker in a chemical environment – we’re willing to teach you!!!
- Certified forklift driver – easy to learn!
- Knowledge of GHS/WHMIS
- Good eye for colour (opportunities for work in the lab exist) – there’s advancement already in your future!
Compensation (we’re very generous!):
We’re looking for the right person to fit in with our team and growth expectations so compensation will vary depending on relevant training and experience but is competitive, cause that’s just the way we roll. If you’re an experienced batch maker or not, and can contribute immediately or if you’re energetic and willing to learn then this can be a great opportunity to get involved in a growing company. Did I mention we are quickly growing?
Employees are eligible for benefits after a 3-month probationary period as well. Vacation time and paid sick leave are part of the compensation package for full time employees.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Dental care
- On-site parking
- Vision Care
- Wellness Program
- Company Events
- 8 hour shift
- Industrial Painting: 1 year (preferred, not required, we’re so easy!!)
- Job Types: Full-time, Permanent